Business

Real Estate

STRAITS REAL ESTATE PTE. LTD.

Straits Trading’s interest: 89.5%

Set up in 2013 with a capital commitment of up to S$950 million, Straits Real Estate Pte. Ltd. ("SRE") is a co-investment company that seeks out real estate related investments and opportunities globally. Straits Trading holds a 89.5% stake in SRE with the remaining 10.5% owned by the John Lim Family Office, the investment holding group of companies founded by Mr John Lim, Group Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of ARA Asset Management Limited.

SRE plays a pivotal role in Straits Trading's Real Estate Ecosystem as a capital allocator that focuses on value creation in the real estate space. Its core competence lies in its ability in risk pricing, and correspondingly finding the most efficient use for its capital on a risk-adjusted basis. SRE is not restricted to any one geographical market or property sector nor is it constrained by the usual need for real estate companies and developers to build in-house operational expertise. Rather, it seeks to create shareholders value by allocating its capital into an array of real estate opportunities, each with different risk profiles, and offering different level of expected returns. This is usually done by partnering with local real estate companies or professionals who are experts in their markets and fields.

The SRE management team, which comprises highly experienced real estate private equity personnel, is well adapted to execute these strategies. SRE currently has over $850 million in assets under management and has a well-diversified investment portfolio across property segments spanning China, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan and Australia.

For more information, please visit www.straitsrealestate.com

ARA ASSET MANAGEMENT LIMITED

Straits Trading’s interest: 21.0%

Established in 2002, ARA Asset Management Limited ("ARA") is a premier integrated real estate fund manager driven by a vision to be the best-in-class real estate fund management company focused on the management of real estate investment trusts ("REITs") and private real estate funds. As of December 2017, ARA has approximately S$40 billion in assets under management. Straits Trading is the only publicly-listed entity in Singapore to hold a significant stake in ARA following its privatisation and delisting from the Singapore Exchange in April 2017.

For more information, please visit www.ara-asia.com

SUNTEC REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUST

Straits Trading’s interest: 3.8%

Straits Trading holds a 3.8% interest in Suntec Real Estate Investment Trust ("Suntec REIT"), the first composite REIT in Singapore that owns income-producing real estate that is primarily used for retail and/or office purposes. In Singapore, Suntec REIT's portfolio comprises office and retail properties in Suntec City as well as interests in Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre, One Raffles Quay, Marina Bay Financial Centre Towers 1 and 2, Marina Bay Link Mall, 9 Penang Road, which are all strategically located in the growth corridors of Marina Bay and the Civic and Cultural District within Singapore's Central Business District. In Australia, Suntec REIT has interests in 177 Pacific Highway, Sydney, Southgate Complex, Melbourne and a commercial building located at Olderfleet, 477 Collins Street, Melbourne, which is currently under development.

Suntec REIT is managed by an external manager, ARA Trust Management (Suntec) Limited who is focused on delivering regular and stable distributions to Suntec REIT's unitholders, and to achieve long-term growth in the asset value of Suntec REIT, so as to provide unitholders with a competitive rate of return on their investment.

For more information, please visit www.suntecreit.com

RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES IN SINGAPORE FOR SALE / LEASE

The group has a portfolio of residential properties in Singapore:

  1. Gallop Green (http://gallopgreen.sg)
    Gallop Green is a prime freehold development located in exclusive Gallop Road residential enclave. With only 40 apartments and 13 townhouses nestled on more than 143,000sqft of sprawling land, we offer the most landed townhouses available. Facilities include swimming pool, gym, tennis court, playground, function room, 24 hours security and private parking lot for townhouse owners.

  2. Good Class Bungalows
    There are only 39 areas designated for Good Glass Bungalow (GCB) and only about 2,700 GCBs are available in Singapore. Located in the prestigious district 10, our GCB are well sought as a pinnacle property for one’s portfolio.

For more information, please email salesandmarketing@stc.com.sg or call 6422 4259.